Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're going to the SUPER BOWL!!!


That's right. I said WE! I'm totally part of that team. I give my blood, sweat, & tears cheering on the Steelers. More so the blood mixed with beer, sweat in a hot crowded bar, & tears the next morning when I'm hungover/exhausted and have to to go work, but it's still the same.

First off, I love the Pittsburgh defense. They're the heart and soul of the team. I know I can always rely on them. 3 interceptions and a fumble tonight!!!

I love Mike Tomlin, my football man-crush. I didn't understand all the running of Willie Parker, but I won't question your coaching capabilities.

Hines Ward - you rest up over the next two weeks. We need you and your smiling face out there!

I do have a bone to pick with Durkins however. I guess not so much Durkins, but it's playoff Sunday crowd. Why, if you're not a true Steeler fan, do you go there? It's not a big place. Even on regular Sunday's it's packed. Sunday after Sunday you see the same faces. The bartenders know you by name. Why should I have to go there at noon to get a spot for a 5:30 game? I'd be off my stool by game time. I know, I don't have to drink, but really, I'm in a bar, I have to drink. But then there are those people that just want to go there to be a part of the Steeler action. I think that's great. I'm glad you think the Pittsburgh fans and Pittsburgh bars are the place to be... but I'd rather you not be there. Leave the limited space for the real fans, for the loyal Durkins goers, for those that actually care.

But who am I to judge. I never even knew there was a third room... I always thought there were mirrors in the back of the second room... the one that smells like sweat, piss, and vomit. Maybe that's why I never made it back that far.


So everyone - please cheer for the Steelers - we need your support! Just do it from the comfort of your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment