Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life on the road...

Why is it that everyone thinks that life on the road is so glamerous... yeah I get to see random parts of the US that I never thought I'd see... but there's a downside:

I forgot what city I was in and why I was even there last week. A tell-tale sign I'm burnt out.

I drive - everywhere. I hate driving. I fall asleep. When I was a smoker, I smoked to stay awake. Now I eat, and I have the weight to prove it.

Sitting at a bar or restaurant isn't really that fun. If the person next to you or the bartender feels sorry for you, they may strike up a conversation - but do you really care about what they do or what they think of the song on the juke box? I don't.

I have the coldest region - I swear. IL, WI, MI, & IN. Can you say -10?!

Hotel gyms are like working out in a box.

There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed - I can never fall asleep.

I refuse to get wake up calls and am therefore terrified I will miss my alarm.

Those low flow toilets...

Every hotel starts to look the same.

When you ask "where should I eat" it's always the same answer: "there's an Applebee's right up the street!" I cringe a little every time.

When it's winter what else are you going to do at night but more work? Here's to a 14 hour day!

I miss my friends during the week and all I want to do is sit home on Fridays because I miss my place.

I can never quite get a routine down and I'm a very routine person.

Ok, ok, there are some positives:

People - I get to work with different people every week... some actually became good friends!

Almost every town I go to has a baseball stadium - take me out to the ball game!

I've got a pretty kick ass pint glass collection.

New Orleans was pretty freaking sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment