In the words of Jason Mewes - What the f- is the internet?
That's the way I felt after graduating college. With a computer so bogged down with illegally downloaded music and other random junk (no, not porn) and pennies for a paycheck I opted for cable tv only. I really enjoyed it too. I spend most of my day on the computer, why come home and do the same thing? So while my friends we myspacing and facebooking and loading their i-tunes, I was buying cds, reading gossip magazines, and watching reality tv.
Then I moved to Chicago, was issued a work laptop, and was introduced to the world of wireless internet. You can connect everywhere! So much information right at your fingertips! Google! Wikipedia! Yelp!
Then there is myspace and facebook. People I totally lost touch with miraculously reappear. People I may have said hi to once - oh! They want to be my friend! Accept! Don't even get me started on the stalking... so fun. I have to check on a daily basis. What is everyone doing today? What's your status? What song quote to I put today? What can I keep track of now? Breweries, stadiums, cities, restuarants...
Oh match.com. We had our moment. I gave you a solid shot. Your users let me down. That part of the internet, I am not a fan of.
And now my blog. All the random thoughts that constantly swim through my head, now have an outlet. People who once thought I was a sane normal girl, now think I'm a crazy random head case. I sleep better at night releasing these random thoughts through my fingertips.
Ah yes. The internet. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment