Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Feel Bad For New Orleans


I'm torn on this city, I don't think I gave it a fair shot. I need to go back and experience the art, music, & culture. I loved the gator, crawfish, and jambalaya and the laid back spirit.


I did not like the smell. Bourbon Street is like a mix of vomit, urine, and stale beer. It felt seedy. Like a big carnival. People missing teeth trying to get your into their bar or strip joint. Clubs advertising "barely legal" women. Strippers on the street in their platform heels. Barmaids scantily clad. All looked like they were working to support a habit.


It's too bad the city hasn't fully recuperated. Lots of street performers, beggars, and people sleeping on the street or in empty tombs in the cemetery. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've had.


In their defense - it seems to be a hard working group of people. Everyone at the hotels, restaurants, and bars worked hard to please. I hope more people go down there and spend $. The city needs it.

1 comment:

  1. You thought it smelled like vomit and staleness when you were down there.... try going during Mardi Gras. I don't know if I'll ever do it again, lol.

    ReplyDelete