Wednesday, November 5, 2008

October Highs and Lows


October flew!

Highs:

1. Being busy at work. Although it isn't challenging work, it's work. I was getting bored staring at a computer screen. I'm still staring, but at least I'm doing something helpful. Plus, I've gotten nothing but positive feedback, specifically from fitters & technicians, people that are actually doing the installation work - climbing, crawling, getting their hands dirty. I have so much respect for what they face every day, I'm thankful for the positive feedback they give me.

2. Mom, Mari & Michelle. I loved our girls weekend! It made me wish we could do them more often.

3. Fresh (NOW) sausage, cheese, and apple cider donuts. The now means you tear open the package as soon as you leave the store and dig in. Who needs knives?! Plus I picked my own pumpkin for the first time!

4. WW. Back on the wagon for the 4th time. I've learned a lot from my previous WW journeys. I know it doesn't solve my problems, but it holds me accountable. My body can't afford to gain any more weight!

5. My boss. Who's boss hooks them up with a flight to the burgh, WVU tickets, and face value Steelers tickets?! Mine does.

6. Steelers D. They look amazing!

7. Live football. The hits are harder, the kicks and passes are longer, the touchdowns are bigger! I love fanhood!

8. Jessie - my best friend skipped studying for her huge neuro exam to see the Steelers/Giants game with me!

9. Jen - we only had a quick visit but we caught up on everything! We stayed up until 3 chatting, it felt like we were 13 again.

10. Baby brother Eric. I've spent years talking for him, giving him music to listen to, my old t shirts to wear, trying to mold him. It's amazing when you all of a sudden realize he's really grown into his own - with his own opinions, likes, dislikes, and dreams for the future. I'm one excited and proud big sister.

11. Friendiversaries. It's hard to believe I've lived with Emily for a year. Time sure flies! I'm so grateful to have found her and for her to have let me into the Urban Family. Honestly, I don't know where I'd be here without them.

12. Halloween - when else can you dress up like an idiot and have it be completely socially acceptable?!

13. I got asked out on a date! What timing considering my self esteem wasn't at it's highest point. It was nice, great conversation, and he seemed genuinely interested in me. It's been a while since I've felt that.

Lows:

1. I went out on a fabulous date. Then he shows up in a streaker costume with a big hairy penis whipping it all around. Unnecessary. Then, takes a piss in our bushes, we have two bathrooms. Again, unnecessary. Luckily, he's getting back together with his old girlfriend, she can have him.

2. Not seeing the Steelers win at Heinz Field. Luckily, I'm going back in November!

3. Being homesick. Seeing my family and friends often makes me miss them even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment