Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Move over Rover, let Barack take over.


Thinking about it again today made me realize, wow, we are going to have a Black president. The first African American president ever in the history of the United States, and I got to see his Election Day speech.

Wow. I feel proud. Look at how much black people in America have had to overcome over the years. Slavery, segregation, racism. Yes, some of it still exists, but many thought that black and president would never be in the same sentence. Now, it is, and will forever be.

I think there is a lot America has to overcome within it's own boarders. Did you see that red/blue map? You can almost clearly see the Mason Dixon Line... the south primarily red, the north primarily blue. It seems some tides are changing, but there is still somewhat of a divide.

I think the election of Barack Obama is just a small step to break down that wall, but I am hopeful, that in my lifetime, I will see that wall fall. For now, I will be proud of my country, I will have faith in the new president, and will treat my fellow Americans with respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment