Consider this a bloggers chain letter. My friend Claire was assigned the letter K and had to write 10 things that she loved that started with the letter K. I took on the challenge and was assigned the letter C. Here it goes...
1. Cole or Colie. My nicknames. Not too many people call me this - just family and VERY close friends. When I hear "Cole" called, rather than Nicole or Berney, I smile. It gives me a warm fuzzy familiar feeling. I hear it much less than I used to. I've only had one boyfriend use it. The others will say "babe" which I HATE. I'm looking for the man that will call me "Cole".
2. Castleton on Hudson, NY. My hometown! In High School I couldn't wait to get out of there. Such a small town. Everyone knew everyone's business. I wanted to start over. When I go back, it weird to see how things have changed, yet not really. It always feels like home.
3. Clarkson University, my alma mater. I knew I wanted to go there the minute I set foot on campus. I felt like I fit in - people were friendly, they dressed like me, and they wanted to give me some $$ to help out with tuition. I was sold! It was freaking freezing up there but I met some of the greatest friends in the world and have many stories to tell from my Clarkson days.
4. Chicago - Claire - you said no "C" at first! But I got it! It's my home, for now at least. I love Chicago. There is a never ending list of things to do. In the summer the skies are blue, the lake is gorgeous, and people are happy, smiling, and optimistic. It's like the midwest meeting point.
5. Cuddling. I love to cuddle. I'll cuddle with anyone. I'm a cuddle slut. The more cushiony the person, the better. My favorite cuddlers are Jessie, Andy, and my big blue pillow.
6. Coffee. Specifically Dunkin Donuts coffee. It warms the deepest parts of my soul. It's not the the cup of java, it's the memories of running to DDs at midnight in high school, just to get out of the house, smoke cigarettes, and hang out with friends. That was our place, right there on Columbia Turnpike.
7. Catch. I love playing catch. Baseball catch. Football catch. Goalie catch. Unfortunately I throw like a girl. But I can catch! When I was younger, I played catch by myself. Threw the ball on the roof and waited for it to come down. Thew the soccer ball against a wall and saved it coming back. In college Jeff Sherf and I would wear our matching Yankee shirts and toss the baseball back and forth. At Moore House, Rob, Shawn, and I would play football as a study break. After school Mumps and I would play catch on lunch breaks. I just love it.
8. Camp. I can't believe I saved this one until 8! Camp is my favorite place in the whole world. Right there on Lake Ontario. There is the most gorgeous sunset I've ever seen and I have had the best time with my family there. I like to go there just to get away. It's the best place to go and just clear your head.
9. Cub 2. This was my floor Freshman year at Clarkson. Yes, I know, I've already discussed Clarkson, but Cub 2 was special. It was my first residence on my own, away from my parents and my comfort zone. It was where I met Jessie, my best friend. It was where I found Kelly & Allyssa, friends for life.
10. Camp fire. It's mesmerizing. I can sit at a camp fire for hours just staring at the flames, telling stories, roasting smores, drinking beers, and just relaxing. I love the smell of your clothes after, the sound of the crackling, and the way it's still hot in the morning.
C - that wasn't so hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I said no "C" at first then gave it to you because I'm a big fat moron. Yay me!
ReplyDelete