
It's 12/23 and I'm finally in the Christmas spirit. Took me long enough. I usually have my shopping done by Thanksgiving - I can't stand the crowds, lines, prices, and commercialism of it all. I didn't really buy much, I'd rather have the time with my family than the presents.
I usually have ALL my Christmas decorations out. I have a ton - all my grandma and papa's stuff. This year I only got out my nativity (it is the true meaning of Christmas you know), not even my Elvis ornament made the tree. Every Christmas song I heard on the radio I changed the station immediately.
Tonight White Christmas is on... it did me in. It's a family tradition that we watch it together, even though my dad and brothers HATE it. My mom and I always sing the "Sisters" song loud and drunkenly. I shed a tear during the opening "White Christmas" and "What Happened to a General" song. I love it, it's my favorite. Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby and their classic voices, the other sister with her super skinny waist (that bitch), the handsome face of the General, and the way the busy-body lady makes me mad!
Maybe it's that I'm scared I'm going to be a Christmas orphan, maybe it's the pino nior, but I'm blaming "White Christmas" for giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

No comments:
Post a Comment