Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 2008 Recap







Highlights:

1. Vegas baby! Surprisingly, I can actually share what happened! I reconnected with some great friends from high school. Ever take friendships for granted? You think people know nothing about you because you've been distant for 8 years or so... but in reality, they know you all too well? I had one of those moments and was glad I did.

2. Bar hopping with my mom. She kept saying "does your mom do this?" to the other patrons. Priceless.

3. Meeting Emily's friends. I think my friends from home and college and even here say a lot about me so I love meeting my friends good friends!

4. Greek fest - gyros, bongo players, OPAH!

5. Being 2 years smoke free. My lungs thank me every day.

6. Being back East - you always run into someone that knows someone you know!

7. Pittsburgh - the skyline, PNC park, FRENCH FRIES!, IC light, the twists, turns, and windy roads, cousin Johnny Rooster, The Strip on a Saturday, the natives... and most of all... the feeling of home. (the only city to give me that feeling, other than Castleton).

8. Getting closure... whew.

9. Seeing Eric play ball! Future Yankee!

Low-lights

1. Creepy guys taking foot fetish photos at the harbor. Gross!

2. Getting lost every time I get off the damn train downtown. I've been here a year now, enough already!

3. Rain outs - one of my Yanks/Pirates games was cancelled. Boo.

4. Waking up during a thunderstorm thinking a tree is going to fall on my roof. That happened to my baby sitter's neighbor once, apparently it scarred me.

No comments:

Post a Comment