I've been to a few great ball parks so far - PNC, Safeco, Wrigley, and of course the holy grounds of Yankee stadium. This past week I went to Miller Park to see the Milwaukee Brewers play the Colorado Rockies.
The stadium is HUGE! But, to do and see everything there would take all 9 innings. It seemed like more of a place for a social outing than a ball game. The lots were full of tailgaters. You can try to out run Cory Hart. You can race with the sausages. You can slide down Bernie's Dugout slide. Get your picture taken with Prince Fielder. Then there's fireworks and all kinds of promotional fun in between innings. I couldn't keep up! It really made me miss the simplicities of Wrigley.
I understand that baseball is no longer just a game, it's a business. You need to draw fans, families, tourists into the park and entertain them. But sometimes, it's just too much. Guess I'll just have to get used to it... I can only imagine what exciting entertainment lies within the walls of the new Yankee Stadium.
The stadium is HUGE! But, to do and see everything there would take all 9 innings. It seemed like more of a place for a social outing than a ball game. The lots were full of tailgaters. You can try to out run Cory Hart. You can race with the sausages. You can slide down Bernie's Dugout slide. Get your picture taken with Prince Fielder. Then there's fireworks and all kinds of promotional fun in between innings. I couldn't keep up! It really made me miss the simplicities of Wrigley.
I understand that baseball is no longer just a game, it's a business. You need to draw fans, families, tourists into the park and entertain them. But sometimes, it's just too much. Guess I'll just have to get used to it... I can only imagine what exciting entertainment lies within the walls of the new Yankee Stadium.

No comments:
Post a Comment