
The Urban Family took a road trip to Gatlinburg, TN to visit the Smoky Mountains.
The moment I heard "zipline" I knew I had to do it. I love confronting my fears head on. 6 lines in all. At first I was super scared. On the second I ran and jumped. The 3rd I finally got the concept of breaking down. The 5th I mustered up the courage to hang upside down, but I couldn't get my head to hang down, I looked like a dead turtle according to Emily.
But line 5 was the most breathtaking and longest line. I seriously had a moment with God on that one. What a beautiful country he made. I felt so lucky to be surrounded by gorgeous mountains, suspended from a metal cable hundreds of feet up. I felt happy. I felt confident. I liked me!
By the final and 6th line, I was ready to do the full upside down hang, no chickening out that time! I didn't want it to end! What a rush. What a way to see the mountains from a bird's eye view. Definitely one of the best things I've ever done in my life.
Thank you God for giving me the opportunity.

No comments:
Post a Comment