Finally, after 2.5 years, I feel free.
My last boyfriend and I broke up in September after 1.5 years - mostly because we're different. He's too needy, I'm too independent. We attempted to remain friends until the overbearing boyfriend in him became an overbearing friend. So, we broke up again.
Keep in mind that I'm a firm believer that exes can not be friends what so ever. I've never tried to do it with any past boyfriends, but really have no desire to either.
So, he made contact again. I decided to be honest - I just don't think it's a good idea to have a relationship, even if it is just a friendship. I didn't like who I was when I was with him, so why should I revert back to that every time we come in contact? I need to be true to myself.
Whew. A relief - although an emotional one, because really, he's a good guy. See - the "its not you it's me" line can actually apply - unfortunately you can't use it without sounding like a jerk. 2.5 years come to a close, the end of an era. The beginning of a new one... I can't wait. Third time (or 4th if you count the botched July breakup attempt) really is a charm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment