Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Me Name is McNamara I'm the Leader of the Band!


Yes, that is my most FAVORITE Irish song ever, thanks to Mrs. McGuire! Here are some other fond (yet fuzzy) St. Patrick's Day memories.

1. Dad used to buy me a green carnation corsage to wear to school. It always made me feel so special. I distinctly remember a photo of me waiting for the bus with a green sweater, the corsage, a green button, and green glitter shamrock dingleboppers on my head.

2. Singing McNamara's band with the 4th grade at Mr. Gibbon's house when he had cat scratch fever.

3. Starting the McNamara's Band tradition with Kate - we sing it to each other every year! (Do you see a trend with the song?)

4. My mom forcing us to eat corned beef and cabbage. Yuck.

5. Spring break 2002 in Panama City - Robby Gieger's birthday at $9 all you can drink. Brutal combination.

6. Spring Break 2003 - Kelly and Nicole take over Ibor City. Papa was the DD. Kelly and I got so many beads at the parade we couldn't even carry them all - no, we did not flash our boobs! Papa was right there! This was the night we met real Irishmen in the band tent. This is also the night when Aunt Margaret confronted me about the "Farty Margaret" nickname. "Why do they always call me that?!" I was speechless.

7. Pittsburgh St. Pat's Parade - Mumper and I kept running through the parade to the bar across the street for more beer.

8. My first Shamrock Shuffle in Davenport, IA. I ran with my coworker Jerry and kicked butt!!

9. My first St. Pat's with the Urban Family... it's become quite the Urban Family Extravaganza. Like it's own little holiday full of friend love. As Josh says, it kicks off the year for us. It's true! For the past two years we've all stuck together the entire day. Both years have been sunny, the snow's all melted, the winter blues has drifted away... it's the start of spring and a rejuvenation of our friendship and the shenanigans of what's to come the remainder of the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment