It's officially Ash Wednesday, Lent has begun. When I was a kid, Lent was easy - I gave up gum, I gave up chocolate. As soon as Easter Sunday hit, I went right back to it.
A few years ago I was told that you should sacrifice something that would be worth giving up forever, not just for 40 days. That's the route I've taken the past few years. Have I been successful? Hmm... probably not.
Here it goes for Lent 2009:
1. Be less judgemental. I'm quick to jump to conclusions. "Wow, that person looks like crap." "Those pants make their ass look huge." "They thing they are sooo great." But how do I know what is going on with that person and what they've been through? There maybe a good reason that they look down, tired, have put on some weight, or have a new found self-esteem. Who am I to judge?
2. I need to be less strapped to my Blackberry. I'm an internet junkie. I need to cut back on my non-productive internet use. I've started by reducing the number of email notifications for Facebook. I'm hoping that helps!
3. For some reason since moving to Chicago, mass has fallen out of my weekly routine. I need to find it's place again.
4. I'm going to be more thankful. I dwell on the negative rather than being proud of the positive. All my hard work and accomplishments get drowned out by what I see as failures.
So that's it. My 4 items for Lent 2009. On a side note, I can't wait for a fish fry or cadbury eggs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment