I'm tired of self-reflection. It only takes me around in circles! I've officially entered the job market. With that, you are bombarded with all kinds of questions about what you want to do, why you're leaving, do you want to relocate... ahhh! I don't know! Why do I feel like I have to know what I want to do with the rest of my life RIGHT NOW?! Over the past few weeks, I have realized a few things:
1. I'm not ready to leave my Chicago friends! I love them. I've found my group. This is the first time since college that I believe I've established a group of long lasting relationships.
2. I am in a totally different place than some of my best friends. I'm not ready to own a home. Granted, it would be nice to have a place of my own, but the thought of mowing, painting, cleaning, fixing... ugh. As Andy would say "THIS CONVERSATION IS BORING!" I feel less and less adult like every day, and when conversations turn into weddings, babies, visiting in-laws, etc, I want to run to the nearest bar and dance on it.
3. There are some friends from college and high school that I really miss being around. I miss being able to have Sunday dinners with their family, I miss running to the cafe for a coffee, I miss having a pal next to me Sunday afternoon's at the bar. It would be really nice to be able to hop in a car and see them on a whim.
So see, I'm no further along that I was a month ago. I like what I have and I miss what I don't, in which scenario would I be better off? I think I'll stop thinking about it and let it ride. Nothing ever really works according to plan (at least my plans) anyway, I guess I'll just enjoy what I've got while I have it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment