
On Saturday I went to Lollapalooza - a 3 day music fest put on in Grant Park. If you knew me in HS & college, you know I'm a music junkie. I went to every concert I could. For some reason when I moved to Iowa, my music life went down the tubes. I only went to 2 festivals and 1 concert in my 2.5 years there. I blame it on the lack of friends and a boyfriend who had no clue what good music was.
So this weekend I dove back into the music scene head first and realized how much I miss it! There was such a variety of music - country, indie rock, techno... I loved hearing a swirling of music around me. Thanks to my friend Chris and his extensive Lolla research, I heard most of the bands before and had an idea of who I wanted to see. Good thing, otherwise I would have been wandering around in Lolla land drifting from stage to stage.
I really felt like I reconnected with myself a little. I forgot how I can't stand still at a concert. I have to bob my head, keep beat on my chest (yes, I know that's a tad weird but it's what I do), move my feet. I even caught myself playing guitar on my dress (pulling the dress up my leg like I was strumming a guitar). This just happens when I hear live music, I can't help it!
The highlight for me was Rage Against the Machine - such energy! When music can get you fired up like that, it means something. So I'm vowing to get more in touch with the music scene this year. Listen to new bands, check out up coming shows, and play my dress to my heart's content!
So this weekend I dove back into the music scene head first and realized how much I miss it! There was such a variety of music - country, indie rock, techno... I loved hearing a swirling of music around me. Thanks to my friend Chris and his extensive Lolla research, I heard most of the bands before and had an idea of who I wanted to see. Good thing, otherwise I would have been wandering around in Lolla land drifting from stage to stage.
I really felt like I reconnected with myself a little. I forgot how I can't stand still at a concert. I have to bob my head, keep beat on my chest (yes, I know that's a tad weird but it's what I do), move my feet. I even caught myself playing guitar on my dress (pulling the dress up my leg like I was strumming a guitar). This just happens when I hear live music, I can't help it!
The highlight for me was Rage Against the Machine - such energy! When music can get you fired up like that, it means something. So I'm vowing to get more in touch with the music scene this year. Listen to new bands, check out up coming shows, and play my dress to my heart's content!

No comments:
Post a Comment