Friday, March 26, 2010

A question to parents:

Why do you get so sad when your children grow up?

There are way too many comments like "I can't believe my baby is 1 month old already (sad face)" or "look at my baby going to school, I'm so sad!"

WHY??!!!??!!!

Isn't that why you have children in the first place? To see them grow and develop. To take all the tools you've given them and see what they create of themselves. To have a sense of pride in your child and in yourself as a parent.

That's what I love about being in Addison's life and the main reason I want to be a parent myself.

When I asked my mother if she was sad I was moving far away, she always replied "no, this is what I raised you to do. To take care of yourself and be successful."

Must be my mother in me. Time moves fast and your children will grow - enjoy that time - no more sad faces!!!

1 comment:

  1. Why is number 2 still at home and unable to support himself then?

    ReplyDelete